COVID-19 safety procedures
We are delighted to inform you that Tanzania has opened its gates again to international tourism, due to very low Covid cases on the mainland and the islands of Zanzibar and therefore very safe traveling. All major airlines have resumed flights to Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar, Turkish Airways, Qatar Airways and Etiopian Airlines, just check www.skyscanner.com for the best connection.
We have considered and discussed the matter for a long time, and are now really confident that we can take over the responsibility of reopening our hotel by looking closely what happens on Zanibar and on Tanzania mainland. We are confident that the country’s and our safety measurements are extremely efficient, therefore we are considering us a very low-risk hotel. We at The Zanzibari are of course following all safety protocols from Tanzanian and Zanzibar Health departments, which are based on the World Health Organization recommendations, to ensure a maximum of safety.
We therefore decided to reopen The Zanzibari at July 1st, 2020, and are coming up with exciting special offers for 2020!
Our special offers for travels between July 1st to Dec 19th, 2020:
- Reserve now – pay later. Free cancelation until 3 days before arrival, which gives you maximum flexibility for your travels
- 20% discount for any booking
- no advance payment needed
When arriving at Zanzibar International Airport, you will find the following procedures:
- you will be checked for Covid-19 symptoms by measuring temperature
- you need a valid travel health insurance
- Travelers are encouraged to apply for online visum before arrival. This takes 10 days, so plan it well in advance. – – Alternatively it is also possible to obtain the visa upon arrival
You do not have to quarantine at arrival and there is currently no requirement for guests to present a COVID-19 test certificate
Karibuni wote – welcome back to Zanzibar! Paradise awaits you.