With stunning views over the Indian Ocean, our infinity pool is the perfect place to relax and cool off. Enjoy drinks from the bar or lie back on our sun loungers in the shade or in the sun (make sure to put on plenty of suncream!). Each day at 5pm we have complimentary cakes and tea/coffee served at the pool bar.
Swimming at night is something that all our guests should try – there is something magical about swimming in a softly lit pool with the sounds of the ocean crashing against the beach and the milky way sprinkling the night sky with pinpoints of light.
Our rock pools are the perfect way to cool off at the end of the day before dinner. Sit back and relax into one of our 3 pools overlooking the Indian Ocean and listen to the waves crashing against the beach. Watching Dhows sailing by and birds returning from the ocean is a great way to let your mind wander and forget about work!
In the coming months we will be converting the rock pools into jacuzzis making the experience even more soothing.
Getting to The Zanzibari takes one hour from Zanzibar Airport and the road is tarmac for the majority of the journey. We can provide transport to and from the airport – each car can take up to 6 people. If it is your first trip to Zanzibar you might be surprised to find donkeys, cows and chickens crossing the road as well as people hanging from the local taxis called “Dallah Dallahs” – the journey is an experience in it’s own right!
If you wish to fly to Zanzibar directly there are the following options:
Flights to Zanzibar
- 1Time offers cheap flights from Johannesburg
- KLM flies daily, from many parts of the world
- Condor (from Germany with connection flights to West Europe)
- South African Airways (from Johannesburg)
- During high season (July, August, December) there are charter flights from Italy and Spain
Connections to Dar Es Salaam
- Either with connection flights (20 min flight, from $60 per person).
- Or by ferry boat (2-3 hours, at $35 per person). The last ferry to Zanzibar leaves Dar Es Salaam at 15:45 hrs.
Spa & Massages
Our professional trained masseuse will take you to a new level of relaxation. Whether you are looking for some aroma therapy or a manicure we can pamper you in the cool surroundings of our specially built spa room which overlooks the Indian Ocean.
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Zanzibarian Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Oriental Foot Massage
- Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage
- French Manicure
- French Pedicure
- Under arm wax
- Full & Half Leg Wax
- Bikini Line Wax
- Eyebrow Shaping
Other Spa Treatments
- Henna Tattoo’s
- Hair Braiding
- Signature Body Treatment
- Tropical Fantasty Skin Treatment
- Papaya & Honey Skin Treatment
- Ocean Cream Skin Treatment
- Skin Scrub with Clove Spices